Wednesday, August 12, 2009

For the grand (or maybe not that grand) opening of my very own blog, I will tell you my favorite cookie recipe-Snickerdoodles.

Snickerdoodles
Bake: 350 F
1/2 cup of softened butter
1 cup of sugar
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
1 1/2 cups of flour
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon

Blend one cup of sugar and butter in a mixing bowl, until a paste. Add wet ingredients, then slowly add dry. In a small bowl, mix the two tbsp. of sugar with the ground cinnamon. Roll dough into balls, then roll the balls in the cinnamon and sugar. Place balls onto baking sheets and bake for about ten minutes (or until they're a bit brown, but not burnt).
Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Could you make some for a family party? They sound good. I'm proud of you for starting your own blog. You are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. T-

    You are one of the coolest people I know. These look d-licious! Come to Boston and make them for Sam. He would loooove them.

    Auntie Deja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I made them for my class on my birthday, almost everyone said thay were so good, one person even asked for the recipe! They were lucky that I remembered.
    P.S. Don't look at my mom's "About Me", that was the only problem with me making my blog w/out hardly any help. I made it so that my mom had TWO blogs- whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tia,
    The cookies must be great. I'll ask Gma Bray to make some. Or maybe you and I can make them together the next time you're over here or I'm over there.
    Grandpa Bray

    ReplyDelete