Saturday, July 10, 2010

Three News' (I don't actually think that's a word;)

I think I just started a new hobby: sewing. I always thought that it was way too confusing, "How do people do it?" answer: simple, sign up to 4H (if you are still a kid that is;). That's how I learned! We made skirts (which I was able to sew the elastic the night of... woo- hoo!), then after I went camping, I made this... a CUTE pencil bag! Or a pencil box, but I don't think it's very box enough to say so.

Above shows the magnets I put inside the brim.

Just a random picture of the inside...

and another of me holding it up. Just so you know, the ribbon switches/alternates sides (however you want to say that) on both sides.

I also used fabric glue to put some ribbon on it just in case the magnet plan didn't work. All in all, it only took me about a half hour to sew. Even though I had to change colors of thread and pick out the old one when it ran out. My news is: one, I learned how to work a sewing machine. Two, I made a skirt. Last but not least I made my own pencil "bag" with no help!
Thank you for reading my post!
Tia

3 comments:

  1. Good for you. The pencil pouch is really cute (and clever). It should be a hit at school next year. Glad you are sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool, T! You're good at everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazingly cool Tia.

    Now we know what to get you for Christmas -pencils!

    ReplyDelete